The PiperWebs Difference
Website and Content Management
- We serve over 130 libraries in 21 states. The founder of Piper Webs is married to the local public library director. We know libraries!
- At the foundation is a custom-designed website with your choice of colors, logos, and more. Behind the site is a simple, straightforward, and powerful content management system. Click the Website and Content Mgmt tab for details.
- The website is just the beginning. We include library-specific features, like flash-based book displays, reference database marketing tools, and more - all at the same low cost. Click the Library-Specific Website Extras tab for more information.
- You are not alone! We are actively seeking ways to help each library benefit from our associations with libraries nationwide. Click the Cooperative Membership tab for more information about the "LibWire" initiative.
Library-Specific Website Extras
- We begin by working with your staff to design your new website.We incorporate your images and logos, and provide design and color combinations for your review. With a design in place, we develop your list of desired website pages and tie them together with organized, intuitive navigational menus.
- Then we add a user-friendly content management system that your staff can use to easily add, edit or delete content on all of your pages.
- Finally, we provide comprehensive training and support for all of your staff.
- We handle all the technical details - domain names, site statistics, email addresses, and more. A truly comprehensive service - leaving you with only one call to make.
The LibWire Network
- Website extras that cannot be found anywhere else...
- Your library's website design is just the beginning. We provide a host of library specific features and enhancements - the type of extras that will make your site stand out, and will give your patrons added benefits.
- Content Services - We include web pages where content is provided and regularly updated by our staff. From NYT Bestseller lists to historic events and birthdays with related book references, these pages are updated with no effort on your part.
- TeenPak and KidPak - Complete website modules for teenagers and children separate book lists, homework help pages, age-specific library event lists and more.
- Reference Database Marketing - We've partnered with some of the largest database vendors (Gale and EBSCO) to help you draw attention to these valuable online services.
- New Materials Displays / Book Videos - Unique displays that draw attention to your latest acquisitions through book product descriptions with cover images, YouTube videos, and links to Google book previews.
- Hundreds of libraries in multiple states - from Maine to California - all using the same website platform. It just makes sense that we develop ways to help each library, and each library patron, benefit from this connection.
- Beginning in 2012, we are adding a book review blog that can be easily accessed by all patrons, and where readers from across the country can share ratings and reviews of their favorite books. Comments will be monitored by PiperWeb staff - so here again is a benefit that can appear on your website with no additional work required.
- Also new will be a 'best practices' blog. Directors and staff can share ideas and best practices for their websites, and / or for working with the content management system.
- That's just the beginning - there will be more LibWire Network features released soon...
As a next step, we suggest that you visit the "InfoPaks and Webinars
" page where you may download additional information, and sign up to attend on online webinar.